Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Are you in need of a dental crown? A dental crown is a fixed prosthetic that is attached to a tooth. Dental crowns can correct many different types of dental issues. From the office Dr. Thomas English in Conroe, TX, here are five reasons why you may need a dental crown.
1. Decayed Tooth- Dental crowns are used to restore badly decayed teeth. Tooth decay is the destruction of your tooth enamel. Causes of tooth decay include drinking sugary beverages, frequent snacking, and bad oral hygiene.
2. Weak Tooth- Enamel helps protect your teeth from daily use such as eating and grinding. Although enamel is a hard protector of teeth, it can become weak. Tooth erosion happens when acids wear away the enamel on teeth. Dental crowns strengthen worn-down and weakened teeth and protect them from further damage.
3. Chipped Tooth- Chipped tooth? Chipping a tooth is a common phenomenon. A dental crown can be used to restore a tooth that has been chipped. A dental crown can make your chipped tooth look whole and healthy again.
4. Cracked Tooth- Cracking a tooth is also very common. It can happen from chewing on hard foods or objects like nuts, hard candy, or ice. Fractured teeth can make eating painful, interfering with oral function. A dental crown can be used to restore a tooth that has been cracked. Crowns can restore the structure of the tooth so you can eat in comfort.
5. Discolored Tooth- Smoking is a common cause of tooth discoloration and can turn the teeth brown, black, or yellow. Pigments from dark-colored foods and beverages also cause permanent stains on your teeth. Since dental crowns are placed over the teeth, they can correct tooth discoloration.
If you need a dental crown, why wait? We can help you today. Call our dental office at (936) 756-3611 today to schedule an appointment in Conroe, TX. With dental crowns, you can have a smile that's strong and beautiful!